Thursday, September 23, 2010

Going to Rehearsals without Rehearsing 1976-82

Without singing, choir was still a big part of my life. My lovely musician-wife rehearsed every Saturday in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, as a member of Mormon Youth Chorus. As a show of support and because we lived only 10 minutes away, I went to her rehearsals most every week. I would sit in empty hall and wait for it to be filled with rich choral sounds both modern and classic. I would also listen to the visitors from the the regular tours, agast that young people would dedicate themselves to such a cause, and at once saying that people would PAY hunreds of dollars to join such a choir. My wife was blessed to have this opportunity, and as a non-performing Choir Geek, I was blessed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment