Thursday, September 23, 2010

Helping with an Emmy Award Winning Choir Special

Okay, so by now you know that my wife, an accomplished musician, was a member of The Mormon Youth Symphony & Chorus. I attended rehearsals and performances. But for this they needed a volunteer to do the grunt work that other grunt workers refused to do. The Special was called "A Christmas World". It featured Christmas songs from around the word and the Choir. The LDS Church produced it, but the real genius was Robert Bowden, the Choirs Music Director and Conductor. He was a gem. The special was filmed in the winter at several locales around Utah, famous for the "Greatest Snow on Earth". I moved track, cable, fetched hot chocolate. My contribution was miniscule, but I got a chance to help with what turned out to be an Emmy Award Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment